Sunday, September 4, 2022

The Jasons & Kred Yard Interviews

 The last time I saw The Jasons I pissed blood from a UTI.
R.I.P. Voltage Lounge, Your WTF Sauce Will Be Dearly Missed

Now that I have your undivided attention, it has been years since I've went to any concerts. I just don't really enjoy being over stimulated by a room full of people I don't like or want to talk to when I'm trying to enjoy a band. It just isn't my thing. I want to be ON the stage instead, let everyone else suffer that shit. But a change of pace is fun, and it was also Steph's birthday show too, and The Jasons.

Steph Infection, Horror Punk Mama

Anywho I was meeting up with a new friend Kred Yard who interviews bands, doing his part to make a difference while having a fun time talking to cool people. I also got to meet his wife Kayla, and his bestest buddies Burt and Ron. I had also pressed PUNK HITS Volumes 1 & 2 Zines that I wanted to give out to everybody, but ended up only giving out maybe 25 out of 58 copies.

After eating a stomach hurting Stromboli we headed to Bar XIII and Kred showed up, I took him over to a Puke Pink coloured wall, we stood next to what I'm guessing was a big stream of Bum Piss and had a quick interview. We had joked about this for a week since the Renfields Show I missed out on, and he didn't believe me until the very second the camera started.

THE KRED YARD INTERVIEW

We watched The Huntingtons and Whiskey Bats do their soundchecks, discussed X-Cops & GWAR, watched Burt kick Kred's hat around the floor as he chased it, and soon enough Jason V shows up and says he was ready for his interview, so I ran to the car, got the index card out, and Maddy filmed once again. This time, unlike the Kred Yard interview, we had an audience of weirdos making it all that more hilarious. 

THE JASON FUCKIN' V INTERVIEW

After the interview was done, Maddy, V, and I talked for like 2 hours I think about Black Metal which was like 3 machineguns blasting shit at eachother about something they love. Time stopped, we only existed in this bubble, twas incredible. Then we went inside for Dickie Devil And The Deviants, my first time seeing them live (Maddy puppeteers their mascot/manager Doggie Deviant on their tv show and was doing Photo Ops at the show!) which was great, the whole gang have a great stage presence and super danceable songs. Died And Went To High School was hands down my absolute favourite.

This Maniac Hairstylist remembered me from an older HPUSA Show: Ladies Night when Maddy and I were vending our artwork (Picture Below). I was talking to her and some dude who looked like an Ice Road Trucker, 20 minutes into the convo it is revealed he is the Dickie Devil bassist. So of course I threw zines at both of them in hopes to impress some Showbiz Types ya know.

Booth Barbarians Representing Vinland

The Jasons finally hit the stage, the place was packed tight, I was right in front of 3D who fucking conquers the stage, and considering the mammoth stage presence these mongo motherfuckers have, thats saying something. Their set went by way too quick. Broke my neck headbanging to the point of just shrugging my head enough to move my hair around. Elbowed this girl next to me in the tit like 100 times and this little Grandma was rocking out just as hard as everyone else, FIST BANGIN MANIA. She was the coolest. We of course, bothered and stalked them as they loaded up their van, I went around getting Dickie Peeps, Steph, Kred and his Krew, and The Jasons to sign a Dickie Devil setlist (of aforementioned ice road trucker). Hollywood signed a Boognish, we are brothers in Ween.

After attending a show on 4 hours of sleep after being awake for 19 hours already, I was surprisingly energized and excited, which is rare for me. I still haven't slept and its now 11am the next day.

I got all my new buddies, The Jasons, Steph, and Dickie Devil And The Deviants to sign a setlist too!





No comments:

Post a Comment